- Published: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 04:16 PM
FRANKLIN PARK – Area residents are invited to join Senator Don Harmon (D-Oak Park) and Franklin Park officials on Oct. 21 for a senior health and resource fair.
The event is free and open to the public. Visitors of all ages will be able to ask questions and obtain information from a variety of service and health care providers, state programs and local groups. They also can take advantage of a variety of free health screenings and discounted flu shots from Walgreens.
The Village of Franklin Park and Mayor Barrett Pedersen are co-sponsoring the event with Harmon.
Friday, Oct. 21
10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Community room of the Franklin Park police station, 9451 Belmont Ave.
- Free health screenings for hearing, blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose
- Discounted flu shots from Walgreens (visitors should bring their insurance cards)
- Drop-off site for unwanted medications
- Utility bill analysis and monthly cost-savings tips from the Citizens Utility Board
- Giveaways and refreshments
- Additional representatives available from Franklin Park police and fire departments, the local park district and library, Cook County Health and Hospital System, the Illinois comptroller’s office, Leyden Family Services, Oak Street Health and more.
For more information, call Senator Harmon’s Oak Park office at 708-848-2002, the Village of Franklin Park at 847-671-8282 or visit vofp.com.